Age: 32 1/2
Where you grew up (Ages 0-18): New Zealand
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks: Stream.... unless it's really small. Then Creek.
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called: Shopping trolley.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in: Lunch box.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in: Frying Pan
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people: Couch or sofa - only difference is a couch sometimes is a folding bed. A sofa never does that.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof: Gutters.
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening: Verendah, Deck or Porch. Patio only if it's concrete/stone.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages: Soft drink.
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup: Pancakes.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself: Long Roll or filled roll.
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach: Togs.
12. Shoes worn for sports: Depends on the sport - jogging = trainers or sneakers.
13. Putting a room in order: Tidying / cleaning.
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark: Firefly. Pretty rare in NZ. Glow worms on the other hand.....
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball: Slater.... but they don't really do that.
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down: Seesaw.
17. How do you eat your pizza: Varies. Point first or crust or side. Depends where the cheese is.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff: Garage sale.
19. What's the evening meal?: Dinner.
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are: Basement. We don't have these, either.
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places: Water fountain or drinking fountain.